Saturday, May 17, 2008

Take It To The Limit

Today was a good day. I've learned to appreciate good days, even if my body doesn't. Me and my friend Connie were in a 5 mile walk, speed walking mind you, and I finished. Doesn't sound too impressive, huh? Well for this body, it's a feat of determination. Last year's treatments left me so weak I could hardly walk. And it's taken me months to get over, and I found out today I'm not over it yet.

But the goal is to keep putting one foot in front of the other. The same way it is in life. Some days you are so overwhelmed, stressed, tired, aggrevated, or whatever that you can hardly walk. But just put one foot in front of the other, and I guarantee you'll go somewhere! And remember, you never walk alone.

Joshua 1:9

2 comments:

Poof said...

Again . . . I feel your pain. Sorry you were short a coupla sole sisters.

Anonymous said...

You were AWESOME, Debra! I was thrilled to cross the finish line with you ... knowing everything you went through just a short time ago. Keep on keeping on! Forget what's behind ... press on toward the goal!