Tuesday, May 13, 2008

I Can See Clearly Now

Look closely...It's funny how something like a life-threatening disease can change your perspective on life! You can't understand this unless you go through it, or unless someone you are very close to goes through it. I realize that I notice everyday things that most people don't even see since recovering from cancer. Like Saturday, Jimmy and I went to Oglethorpe County, GA where we own some property. In other words, "the sticks". We basically played all day, running around on the 4-wheeler and walking the property like we had nothing better to do. We didn't! So rare...

Anyway, I only had my phone camera with me, but I found myself looking at everything as a photo op - ask Jimmy how many pictures I took of tree bark, leaves, wildflowers, piles of wood. The textures were so beautiful, so pristine. It had rained the night before so everthing was shinier, dewier (are these words?) GLOW-IER! I could really appreciate it, like never before. This is a good thing to come from such a bad year...

Thanks God for my friends and family who took such good care of me; I couldn't have done it all without you! You will never know the gratitude I have for all of you.

Look for beauty right under your nose, and not toward things that are easy to love.



No comments: