Monday, May 19, 2008

Halfway to Goldfield!

I thought that sounded like a good title for a blog, although I tend to go with song titles, why I don't know! Halfway to Goldfield (NV) is where we are in our cross country virtual walking challenge - between San Francisco, CA and Washington, DC! We have a LONG way to go, but a short time to get there (a song from somewhere?) but the idea is to get yourself moving! I am as guilty of sitting around as ANYONE! Maybe more so! I sit at a desk 8 hours a day, then come home mentally exhausted, which leaves me wanting to sit! I've been walking for a few weeks now and I can really say I'm starting to feel a bit more energized and I don't think my flab bounces quite as much when I run! YIPPEE!!

Let's talk BMI...what is that, you say? Big Mad Indian? Bad Mood Instigator? No, of course I mean BODY MASS INDEX! Let's see where you stand - Meausure My BMI.

I find myself in the "normal" catagory, but my cellulite doesn't look normal to me! They say it's hereditary (thanks, mom!) but I say - I can whip this body into shape! I just need to focus on one day at a time.

If you feel discouraged, or thinking about NOT walking today, remember this: you are cheating yourself and no one else! Tell everyone to hold their horses while you go walk for 30 minutes!

Good luck!

No comments: