Sunday, April 27, 2008

The Gift

I want you to know what a gift I have been given. It you haven't figured it out by now, I'm a Christian and count my being saved as my greatest gift. But I don't deserve it - never did, don't now, never will. But it's been given to me all the same. Ain't God good? I wish I were like that. Willing to give to people who don't deserve it. I certainly try to have that maturity, that ability to look past the fault. Sometimes I even succeed. And that can really make you feel good about yourself. But don't forget where that gift came from... We as humans have an awful tendency to think of ourselves first, "what's in it for me", "why can't I have one?", "why didn't I win?" Waa waa, poor me. No body wants to attend your pity party. I try real hard not to be self-centered. I certainly get a lot more out of doing something for someone else, being happy for someone else, being there for someone else. You should try it. And give God the glory...

Love life!
Philippians 2:21

No comments: