Saturday, July 26, 2008

You Are The Weakest Link...Goodbye!

Boy the littlest things can be the MOST aggravating things...I am really good at a few things, fair at a lot of things, and not good at all at a few things. One of those not good at all things would be anything mechanical. Specifically, TV & stereo equipment. Now what happened to the days with no remotes and only 2 channels? Those were my good old days. Now we have about 8 remote controls in our house, no exaggeration! It's hideous, and of course I almost NEVER am allowed to have my hands on them, so it's hard to become even remotely (no pun intended) good at flippin' all the switches and understand what it all means! If I had to take a test on how to operate our TV & stereo, I'd get an F-.

So anyway, back to total aggravation. The other day I was listening to an audio book on CD on my way home from work. I was on the last quarter of the last CD when I pulled in the driveway. I really wanted to hear the rest of the CD, so I popped it out of my car and took it to my deck, where there is a boom box of sorts with a separate CD player lying next to it. Of course, you had to know how to plug them in together to get SOUND! Uh uh, wasn't going to happen. I tried every combination of plugging in wires, no go. After about 15 minutes, I decided that the CD player had dead batteries.

Okay, moving right along, I popped the CD out of this player and took it in to the house. No one was home! I thought, "hey, I'll put it in the CD player in the living room, connected to the TV & STEREO. No problem...uh uh, wasn't going to happen. Not with 8 remotes in play... I got to the point where I couldn't even get the TV back where it was. That whole thing took about 20 minutes.

About that time Jimmy walked in, saw me sweating and cursing, and took away the remote...end of story. Never did hear the end of the book that day. Why do I bother?

No comments: