Saturday, July 5, 2008

Satan is a Big Fat Doodiehead

I saw this on a T-shirt and thought it was the funniest thing I'd heard in a while. Who knows what is going to strike me as funny? I don't belly laugh much, rarely at jokes, and if I giggle at all it's because I've been up about 30 hours straight. But this one got me...kinda reminded me of something Marj Sliker would say, don't you think?

We don't give much thought to Satan; when we do it usually conjurs up an image of a red figure with horns and a spiked tail. God says that Satan was "an example of what was perfect, full of wisdom and perfect in beauty" (Exekiel 28:12) and "every available gem was on him, ruby, topaz, and emerald, yellow quartz, onyx and jasper..." (vs. 13). His PRIDE cost him his position with God and sentenced him to his final death, in Hell. WOW - guess we'd better get to work on that pride thing...

If you are a Christian, you may think Satan cannot get to you. Not so, my friend. Satan lives in this world, not yet in Hell. His home is this earth, so his whole existence at this point in time is to pull you away from God. And he is very good at it! While he can't read your thoughts, he is watching and he is very good at predicting what you will due through his influence.

Don't underestimate the power and the evil of Satan. He is a master of disguise. He is a master debator. He is a big fat Doodiehead...

No comments: